Who We Are
If your child is a resident at the Three Springs of Union medium risk secure residential commitment program for sex offenders, he has been assigned to this program by the Florida Department of Juvenile Justice after being adjudicated by the court. Three Springs of Union is operated exclusively for the State of Florida Department of Juvenile Justice. Three Springs of Union, with an operating capacity of 24 beds, provides comprehensive, challenging and safe services for adolescent males ages 12 to 19 who have displayed inappropriate sexual behavior or committed a sexual offense.
Address: 14692 NE County Rd. 199, Raiford, FL 32083
Phone: (386) 431-1999
How We Help
Boys referred to this program typically have been diagnosed with:
- Conduct disorder, depressive disorders, mood disorders, post traumatic stress disorder and adjustment disorder
- Substance Abuse
Our mission is the healing and restoration of children and their families. Every resource at our disposal is directed toward this purpose. Our efforts are always governed by the principles of honor, respect, teamwork, responsibility, accountability and honesty.
Our goal is to treat each child in our care with love and compassion regardless of their past, and to treat not only their sexual disorder but also any other disorder which may prevent them from pursuing a full, rich life upon release.
Resident’s goals are to:
- Eliminate criminal and inappropriate behaviors, develop pro-social values, and to develop skills necessary to become productive, contributing members of society
- Fully develop academic, vocational, social and personal potential
- Develop sensitivity to the impact of their behavior on others and to accept full responsibility for their behavior
- Gain a sense of mastery and control in life, acquire a positive self image, and develop the ability to be empathetic and caring
- Work with others within norms and standards to achieve goals and to help others to succeed
- Recognize negative influence and develop self discipline and control, as well as problem solving and decision making and coping skills, and work to develop relationship-building skills
Our clinical focus is to treat each adolescent using the Sex Offender Approved Treatment Method. The boys in our care are held accountable for their behavior and we help them to understand the damage and hurt they have caused their victims and others.
Overall treatment includes:
- Structured sexual offender process group
- Individualized treatment
- Education sessions focusing on the psychological factors of the offender, victim impact/empathy, and human sexuality
- Structured therapeutic recreational activities
- Resident and parent participation in treatment reviews
- Alcohol and drug awareness programs
The use of a Positive Peer Culture (PPC) empowers residents of the program to make changes by learning from each other, to improve social skills and help them become positive leaders of their peers. Adolescents tend to listen to each other more than to adults and the PPC promotes behavior modification wherein youth challenge and change each other with the supervision and guidance of program staff.
Three Springs of Union School is a private, accredited academic institution staffed by certified teachers from Union County schools. All residents attend classes while receiving life-skills and vocational training.
Our Greatest Strength
The greatest strength of our program lies with our staff members who are committed to helping the youth in our care to achieve their treatment goals.