Who We Are
If your child is a resident at Madison, he has been assigned to this program by the Alabama Department of Human Resources, or by the Alabama Department of Youth Services. Madison is a medium risk secure facility operated exclusively for Alabama DHR/DYS. It provides comprehensive, challenging, and safe services for adolescent males ages 12 to 18 with an IQ of 70 and above.
Address: 1329 Browns Ferry Rd., Madison, AL 35758
Phone: (256) 895-0710
How We Help
Young men referred to this program typically have been diagnosed with:
- Behavioral disorders including but not limited to conduct disorder, depressive disorders, mood disorders, post traumatic stress disorder, substance abuse disorders, and adjustment disorder
- ADD, ADHD or other learning disabilities
- Our mission is the healing and restoration of children and their families. Every resource at our disposal is directed toward this purpose. Our efforts are always governed by the principles of honor, respect, teamwork, responsibility, accountability and honesty.
Our goal is to assist students in developing competencies to include:
- Monitoring and modifying inappropriate choices
- Accepting responsibility for their actions
- Making good decisions
- Recognizing problem areas and issues
- Developing problem solving and coping techniques
- Achieving academic success
- Learning appropriate communication and socialization skills
Our treatment modalities use a collective approach in addressing students’ needs including medical, clinical, educational, substance abuse education, family relations and environmental influences.
- Individualized treatment once every two weeks and as needed=
- Structured group psychotherapy and educational treatment on a weekly basis
- Daily and weekly therapeutically structured recreational activities including adventure-based programming, arts and crafts, and team sports
- Resident and parent participation in treatment reviews
Sequel TSI Madison School provides rehabilitative services including cognitive behavioral therapy through individual, group, and family counseling. The program utilizes a highly effective therapeutic adventure programming as well as Positive Peer Culture (PPC) therapy to emphasize values and team building. PPC therapy empowers residents to make changes by learning from each other, improves social skills and helps them become positive leaders of their peers. Adolescents tend to listen to the advice of peers more than that of adults and the PPC promotes behavior modification wherein youth challenge and change each other with the supervision and guidance of program staff members.
The youth in our care are surrounded by caring professional staff members, clinicians and teachers. All therapists hold Masters degrees and possess years of counseling experience.
Madison School is a private, SACS accredited academic institution staffed by certified teachers who specialize in working with learning disabilities. All residents attend classes with the option of earning a high school diploma or GED. The school also offers vocational training and on-line college courses.
Our Greatest Strength
The knowledge, experience and professionalism of our clinical staff effectively provide the counseling services necessary to promote and nurture growth in our children.